Conversations on more than 50 actions to expand freedom in the United States
A legislative agenda with ten planks was "created from the bottom up" with more than 500,000 votes and announced on April 15, 2010 by some members of the Tea Party Movement.
"The contract ... asks candidates to agree to:
1) protect the Constitution
2) reject cap-and-trade regulation of climate-warming gases
3) demand a balanced budget
4) enact fundamental tax reform
5) restore fiscal responsibility and constitutionally limited government in
6) end runaway government spending
7) defund, repeal and replace government-run health care
8) pass and "all-of-the-above" energy policy (referring, in part, to
the exploration of domestic energy reserves)
9) stop the pork; and
10) stop the tax hikes."
(Bernie Becker, New York Times, April 14, 2010)